290795Re: smtp_fallback_relay and greylists

    Jan 17, 2013
      Rafael Azevedo:
      > > A host is a computer (or virtual machine). myhostname is a Postfix
      > > parameter. Now plug these into the context of Wietse's statement to you
      > > and you should understand.
      >
      > Thanks Stan!
      >
      > But if I point it to another host (different than myhostname) it
      > will send through another IP right? I'm not sure how can I get
      > through greylist this way.

      host = computer (operating system on top of real or virtual hardware)
      MTA = postfix

      The text in main.cf assumes that both non-fallback and fallback
      MTA run on the same host and that they send mail from the same
      source IP address. You could for example:

      - Configure both MTAs to use the same smtp_bind_address.

      - Configure each MTA with its own IP address and play with NAT.