290784Re: Backup server

  • Robert Schetterer
    Jan 17, 2013
      Am 17.01.2013 07:59, schrieb Muhammad Yousuf Khan:
      > i want to plan a backup postfix server for minimizing the downtime. i
      > have read about MX record entry to use as backup server . but this if
      > for pure postfix only in my case i will be running round cube, dovecot
      > for IMAP storage. how is that possible that i just have to change the
      > DNS entry and people start accessing same settings same view of round
      > cube with in just 1 or 2 minutes of delay.
      > is there anyone can help me? DRBD is kinda complex. just for your
      > knowledge i am using local hard drive as storage not external storage.
      >
      > Thanks,

      dns loadbalancing does not play very well,
      so you want no traditional mx backup mailserver
      instead you want some HA Setup with all mail related stuff (
      smtp/pop3/imap/webmail ), using drbd/nfs and loadbalancer/directors are
      the way you have to go, postfix isnt the harder part for that, so better ask
      and serach for HA setup with dovecot first, i.e on dovecot list etc

      Best Regards
      MfG Robert Schetterer

      --
      [*] sys4 AG