290565Re: Understanding master.cf pickup daemon parameters

  • Robert Moskowitz
    Jan 9, 2013
      On 01/09/2013 02:15 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
      > On 1/9/2013 10:29 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
      >
      >> I DID say that I am going to use amavisd-new along with ClamAV and
      >> Spamassasin. Where is there a writeup of setting up pickup service
      >> for these?
      >>
      >> Thank you.
      >>

      > The amavisd-new INSTALL and the README-postfix give detailed
      > information. Please report any omissions to the amavisd-new support
      > channel.

      Will do.

      > The pickup service is not involved in this setup and needs no
      > changes, so it's not mentioned.

      Got it. Thanks.

      > Don't confuse "not involved" with "not needed"; postfix still needs
      > the pickup service to submit local mail.
      >
      > It's easy to get confused when you read 15 different how-to
      > documents covering different products. Find one and stick with it.

      I HAVE tried to stick with one, but it has errors that I have had to
      contend with (or was really for earlier versions thus no longer
      completely right), and has a different anti-stuff setup. So I am having
      to 'unlace' some of those pieces as I work with a different how-to that
      is just on anti-stuff..

      I made 'good' notes, and have reinstalled Centos and trying again.
      Noticing things not right, so my notes were not right. So I will get
      through it again at some point, then I will reinstall again and see if I
      can get to a working system. If so, then I have everything documented
      and can start on the production build.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic