290562Re: Understanding master.cf pickup daemon parameters

    Jan 9, 2013
      Robert Moskowitz:

      > On 01/09/2013 01:13 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
      > > On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 11:29:31AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
      > >
      > >> I DID say that I am going to use amavisd-new along with ClamAV and
      > >> Spamassasin. Where is there a writeup of setting up pickup service
      > >> for these?
      > > When using advanced content filters with SMTP, the pickup(8) service
      > > is not used.
      >
      > Simply not used, so can be ignored? Or do I have to comment out this
      > service?

      As documented in FILTER_README, advanced content filters (of which
      amavisd-new is a common example) do not use the pickup service for
      content filter integration.

      That does not imply that you can safely comment out the pickup
      service. It merely implies that the pickup service won't be used
      by the amavisd-new content filter.