290558Re: Understanding master.cf pickup daemon parameters

  • Robert Moskowitz
    Jan 9, 2013
      On 01/09/2013 01:13 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
      > On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 11:29:31AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
      >
      >> I DID say that I am going to use amavisd-new along with ClamAV and
      >> Spamassasin. Where is there a writeup of setting up pickup service
      >> for these?
      > When using advanced content filters with SMTP, the pickup(8) service
      > is not used.

      Simply not used, so can be ignored? Or do I have to comment out this
      service?

      > Avoid the pickup(8) service when processing remote
      > mail, its purpose is local mail submission, and while it can
      > be abused (via sendmail(1)) to filter mail, this has many drawbacks.

      Since I am doing this on Centos, I have been reading:

      http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd

      which does not mention pickup daemon at all.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic