290400Re: Domain alias rewriting

  • Kristof Bajnok
    Jan 4, 2013
      On 01/04/2013 04:13 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
      >>> from the alias form to the canonical form. This will also validate
      >> >
      >> > Unfortunately, I can not accomplish this with a single query.
      > Actually, you can:
      >
      > domain = example.com example.org ...
      > query_filter = mail=%u@...
      > result_attribute = mail
      >
      > Just list all the domains whose namespace is identical to example.com
      > after example.com in the "domain = " list, then query for the user
      > in the canonical domain.

      Unfortunately it does not fit to our ISP scenario, where there are
      hundreds of served domains and each domain possibly has some alias domains.

      > This said, it is far better to list all the valid of each user in
      > a suitable multi-valued attribute and skip the domain alias hack.

      I think it's not scalable with LDAP.

      Many years ago I developed the same functionality to qmail-ldap, but
      that project seems to be dead now. Eventually I may find some time to
      implement this in Postfix. I'm wondering about adding some kind of
      argument attribute(s?) to ldap-table, which can look up other tables and
      its result can be expanded to query_filter, etc. Would it fit to Postfix?

      Kristof
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic