290396Re: Domain alias rewriting

    Jan 3, 2013
      On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 07:28:20PM +0100, Kristof Bajnok wrote:

      > > from the alias form to the canonical form. This will also validate
      > > the alias form as a valid address in RCPT TO commands.
      >
      > Unfortunately, I can not accomplish this with a single query.

      Actually, you can:

      domain = example.com example.org ...
      query_filter = mail=%u@...
      result_attribute = mail

      Just list all the domains whose namespace is identical to example.com
      after example.com in the "domain = " list, then query for the user
      in the canonical domain.

      This said, it is far better to list all the valid of each user in
      a suitable multi-valued attribute and skip the domain alias hack.