290358Re: FQDN Problem after Migrating to Virtual Domains

  • Reindl Harald
    Jan 2, 2013
      Am 02.01.2013 23:40, schrieb Michael Sloan:
      > One of the users has sent mail with a return address using the FQDN of the mail server, namely
      > user@... and now Postfix is rejecting this as it believes the user does not exist.
      > Currently I have the following defined:
      > myhostname = mail.dept.university.edu
      > mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
      > virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual_mailbox_domains.cf
      > Can I add a local alias for user which redirects to user@..., or is there a better way to solve
      > this issue?

      myorigin = dept.university.edu

      in general i would add "reject_non_fqdn_recipient" and "reject_non_fqdn_sender"
      to "smtpd_recipient_restrictions" BEFORE "permit_sasl_authenticated" because
      i see no single reason to allow any client to use non FQ sender / RCPT
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic