290279Re: postconf expansion
- Dec 24, 2012Viktor Dukhovni:
> Happy new year to you too! Thanks for the holiday present.OK, the 20121224 Christmas edition does this and more, and it also
> It'll make life easier to tell people to report:
> $ postconf -q user@... $(postconf -Rh virtual_alias_maps|tr ',' ' ')
> (and similar recipes) than to have to explain the details in a series
> of posts...
produces more warnings. As for the latter I wonder if it will freak
out people and would need to be shut up at install/upgrade time.
Below is a fragment from the current RELEASE_NOTES file.
Major changes with snapshot 20121224
The postconf command has been updated to make trouble-shooting (and
support) easier. In summary, use "postconf -Mnxf" and "postconf
-nxf" to review master.cf and main.cf parameter settings with
expanded parameter values.
- "postconf -x" now expands $name in main.cf and master.cf parameter
- "postconf -Mn" now shows only master.cf entries with "-o name=value"
- postconf warns about attempts to modify a read-only parameter
(process_name, process_id) in main.cf or master.cf.
- postconf warns about an undefined $name in a parameter value in
main.cf or master.cf (except for backwards-compatibility parameters
such as $virtual_maps).
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>