290236Re: BCC Transport Map

  • Joey J
    Dec 23, 2012
      Thanks Mouss,

      Maybe I didn't say this properly to make sense.
      I currently have a transport_map that takes mail for abc.com and send it to their server mail.abc.com, so I am acting as the gateway for the domain.
      My trasport config looks like:
      abc.com    smtp:[mail.abc.com]

      Now lets say their server is down so we decide to turn on a bcc feature and send the inbound email to abc-backup@... as well as queue it up so that when the mail.abc.com server turns back on, they will receive all the messages.

      do I leave my transport alone and simply add a sender_bcc and configure it like:
      @abc.com     abc-backup@...

      Thanks!

      On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM, mouss <mouss@...> wrote:
      Le 23/12/2012 05:21, Joey J a écrit :
      > Hello All,
      >
      > I have done this previously, but can't find any of my own documentation
      > that  I make.
      >
      > I want to configure a transport map, that delivers mail to my server (
      > postfix acting as a gateway ) but also deliver every message to a mailbox.
      >
      > this is how we get mail if the server crashes.

      no need for a transport. use
          http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#auto_bcc

      recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc
      recipient_delimiter = +

      == recipient_bcc:
      /(.*)@example\.com$/    archive+$1@...

      this will copy mail for foobar@... to archive+foobar@...
      the extension allows you to retrieve the original recipient.

      if you have multiple domains, you use something like:
      /(.*)@(example\.com)$/    archive+$1=$2@...

      so as to retrieve the original recipient domain as well.

      --
      Thanks!
      Joey

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic