289948Re: Bounces back to myself

  • Reindl Harald
    Dec 7, 2012
      Am 07.12.2012 12:26, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:

      > On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
      >> BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
      >> is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
      >> can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
      >> because backscattering very soon
      >>
      > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>:
      > Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
      > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try
      > to mail root@... directly.

      so your config is fine, what's the problem

      > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced
      > (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to
      > root@....
      >
      > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

      you do NOT want to discard SYSTEM-MAILS

      in the whole thread was not clear for me that you speak about
      local delivery and not SMTP

      /etc/aliases:
      # Person who should get root's mail
      root: whoever@...

      "newaliases" needs to be called after changes!
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic