289839Re: spaces when using "-o" in master.cf

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Dec 3, 2012
      On 12/3/2012 7:42 AM, Tomas Macek wrote:
      > I have line like this
      >
      > smtpd_client_restrictions = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:24575, ...
      >
      > in my main.cf
      >
      > I would like the $smtpd_client_restrictions to override in master.cf,
      > something like:
      >
      > submission inet n - n - - smtpd
      > -o smtpd_client_restrictions=check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:24575

      You override by NOT including it in the "-o" list. Here you are
      explicitly telling the submission service to execute this policy server.
      Is this really what you want? Or are you trying to exclude this policy
      server from submission? Note in my example there were BLANK lines after
      "=" which excludes everything for the restriction class.

      submission inet n - n - - smtpd
      -o smtpd_client_restrictions=

      means do not execute any client restrictions in the submission service.
      Only list a restriction here if you DO want it to execute.

      --
      Stan
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic