289817Re: Postfix multiple instances + Dovecot

    Dec 1, 2012
      WebprodsPT:
      > On 12/01/2012 10:15 AM, WebprodsPT wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I have a multiple instance Postfix setup. The first (original) one was
      > > configured with dovecot with the property:
      > >
      > > smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth-client

      You can't share a relative pathname. You may, however, be able to
      specify an IP address (127.0.0.1) and port instead:

      smtpd_sasl_path = inet:127.0.0.1:whatever

      See your Dovecot docs if TCP sockets are supported in your version.

      > Running cloned instances as not chrooted and set smtpd_sasl_path as
      > absolute.

      That will also work.

      > Also had to clone lib folder to avoid process locking problems.

      Indeed: each instance requires its own queue_directory and
      data_directory setting.