289756Re: Multiple IP addresses binding

    Nov 29, 2012
      WebprodsPT:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I am the administrator of a Postfix setup with multiple domains,
      > multiple IP addresses and SSL configured and up and running. Everything
      > was configured by myself and I have no restrictions on the mail server
      > machine so basically I can do whatever you suggest.
      >
      > Today I received a new requirement and I'm not being able to configure
      > it, even after reading lots of resources around the web. Email messages
      > for each separate domain must be sent FROM their respective IP address.

      As documented, using "-o smtp_bind_address" with smtpd(8), the mail
      receiving program, has no effect whatsoever. This feature has effect
      only on smtp(8), the mail sending program.

      You may kludge something with sender_dependent_default_transport_maps,
      choosing an appropriate SMTP client depending on the sender address,
      each SMTP client having its own "-o smtp_bind_address" setting.
      That obviously does not work for delivery status notifications
      which, as required by RFC, have the null sender address.

      The proper solution is to use one POSTFIX INSTANCE per domain/IP
      address. See http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html