289654Re: Lamentation and query

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Nov 25, 2012
      On 11/24/2012 12:44 PM, Dennis Carr wrote:

      > I miss my dead tree versions being current. =/

      An old friend of mine used to have 3 large book cases of computer books.
      One was filled with the full book set of a couple Caldera releases, a
      few Red Hat releases, and every SuSE release he had purchased from 7.2
      IIRC onward. He's never opened most of them. He uses the digital
      documentation as it's faster, easier. He just likes looking around his
      office at all the books.

      Dennis, how many computer books, or books in general, do you own? Do
      you have any on display? Or are they all simply hoarded away in boxes
      in the attic or basement?

      The prescribed solution for this problem isn't more newer books, but
      therapy for the personality disorder known as "hoarding". I think
      there's a "reality" TV show about this.

      --
      Stan
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic