289483memcache adress verify cleanup

  • Daniel Luttermann
    Nov 17, 2012
      Hi,

      I've changed my config to use memcache for postscreen and verify. Now,
      I assume that the cache cleanup for the verify db doesn't run anymore.

      For postscreen, there are entries like this in /var/log/mail.info:

      Nov 17 16:43:25 mail postfix/postscreen[863]: cache
      memcache:/etc/postfix/memcache-postscreen.cf full cleanup: retained=222
      dropped=11 entries

      Before memcache, there were similar entries like this in
      /var/log/mail.info for the verify.db:

      Nov 5 22:27:57 mail postfix/verify[11846]: cache
      btree:/var/lib/postfix/verify_cache full cleanup: retained=6 dropped=0
      entries

      Since a few days I don't see any cache cleanup entries for the verify
      database but the database in /var/lib/postfix gets updated regularly.

      Does the verify cleanup not run every 12 hours when using memcache?

      Config:

      address_verify_map = memcache:/etc/postfix/verify-memcache.cf
      address_verify_negative_expire_time = 3d
      address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 3h
      address_verify_positive_expire_time = 31d
      address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 7d
      postscreen_bare_newline_enable = yes
      postscreen_cache_map = memcache:/etc/postfix/memcache-postscreen.cf
      postscreen_non_smtp_command_enable = yes
      postscreen_pipelining_enable = yes
      proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination
      $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps
      $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains
      $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps
      $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks $sender_bcc_maps
      $recipient_bcc_maps $smtp_generic_maps $lmtp_generic_maps $alias_maps
      proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache_map
      proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/verify_cache_map
      proxy_write_maps = $smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name
      $lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name $address_verify_map $postscreen_cache_map
      proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache_map
      proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/verify_cache_map

      /etc/postfix/verify-memcache.cf:

      memcache = inet:127.0.0.1:11211
      backup = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/verify_cache_map

      /etc/postfix/memcache-postscreen.cf:

      memcache = inet:127.0.0.1:11211
      backup = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache_map

      Thank you.

      Daniel
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic