289210Re: Does an option "include" exist?

  • Christian Rößner
    Nov 1, 2012
      Hi,

      >> I have a trivial question: I have several smtpd blocks in my
      >> master.cf. Most of the time with similar options, but maybe just
      >> single options change. Is there some "include" option that I could
      >> cut these options and paste them in a separate file and include it
      >> where needed?
      >
      > Since it is not documented in master(5), it's safe to assume it does
      > not exist. I doubt Wietse is interested in implementing such a
      > feature, but he can of course answer for himself.

      I wasn't sure if "my" idea was good or bad. I simply thought about reducing redundancy and therefor lowering the risk of doing mistakes, if changes in config are required.

      > A workaround which can accomplish the same thing is to create a
      > Makefile and use make(1).

      Yes, that seems a good idea for now. So this would lead in something like a template system, where "make" builds the final master.cf.

      Thanks

      -Christian Rößner

      --
      [*] sys4 AG