288610Re: error daemon dsn code

    Oct 2, 2012
      On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 08:21:54AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

      > Quanah Gibson-Mount:
      > >
      > > virtual_transport = error
      >
      > [...]
      >
      > I could speculate that your "virtual_transport = error" causes the
      > nexthop to become the recipient domain (zre-ldap002.eng.vmware.com)
      > which then is reported as the reason for non-delivery, but I don't
      > speculate because I have no idea what your LDAP results are.

      I am willing to speculate more boldly, this setting is clearly
      problematic. The error transport should not be used without
      an explicit nexthop.

      A better example is:

      http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick

      local_transport = error:5.1.1 Mailbox unavailable

      or in some cases:

      local_transport = error:5.1.2 Destination domain unreachable

      and so on.