288584Re: error daemon dsn code

    Oct 1, 2012
      On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 04:51:15PM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

      > >>We do use LDAP for our transport map for delivery:
      > >
      > >What is the error if it is not "User unknown in virtual alias table"?
      > Hi Wieste,
      > I'm not sure where the error is you are expecting me to find? This
      > is the full log of the connection, including the message being
      > bounced back:

      Wietse is working on the assumption that the message is routed to
      the "error" transport by internal Postfix logic (such as virtual
      alias domain recipient that fails to be rewritted, ...).

      My impression is that Quanah's routing table explicitly returns
      the "error" transport for this user, but fails to specify a nexthop
      (thus the recipient domain is the error message).

      A correct configuration of the error(8) transport is (if I remember
      my 5.1.x codes correctly):

      user@... error:5.1.1 Mailbox unavailable
      example.com error:5.1.2 Destination domain unreachable

      So all Quanah has to do is use the error(8) transport properly. Examples
      can be found (IIRC):

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic