288575Re: script to adjust file date/time according to mail header?

  • /dev/rob0
    Oct 1, 2012
      On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 05:13:56PM +0200, Pat Erler wrote:
      > I have a server on which a restore job went wrong and all files in
      > Maildir have the date of the restore, not of the file creation. Is
      > there a script to extract the correct date from the mail headers
      > and touch the files itself with the correct date?

      If you are, or have access to, a good pythonian or perler (SCNR),
      this would not be difficult to do. But the question is: why does it
      matter? In general a MUA will do sorting based on the headers as
      received from the imapd. Thus I am not aware of any such script. I
      would suggest that you not worry about it.