287435Re: badly broken mx record for bond.com

  • Varadi Gabor
    Aug 2, 2012
      On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 10:18:42AM +0100, Jim Reid wrote:
      > First off, this is not a Postfix problem. The MX record for bond.com is
      > spectacularly broken. It's an epic fail. That's what needs to be fixed.

      I did not say that postfix would be a mistake :)
      The log also shows that the "warning: numeric domain name in resource data of MX record for bond.com: 0.0.0.0"

      I want solutions not only in this case in particular, but all similar cases.

      All DNS admin can not speak one at a time when there is an error.

      But I want to avoid mail loop.

      MAILER-DAEMON in this case would be sent mail back to the bond.com (mail was probably SPAM).
      Thus, deleting the mail queue was permitted.

      > I would not reconfigure postfix to work around bond.com's brokenness.
      > For one thing, that would be the start of a very slippery slope. How
      > many more changes would you make to the configuration for errors
      > elsewhere and how soon would that make your postfix setup impossible to
      > maintain or debug? For another thing, if you did add some sort of
      > special relay hook for bond.com, where would that domain's mail be sent?

      There mail.bond.com entry in the DNS.

      Thank you for your answer.

      --
      [Varadi Gabor]