286673Re: How to move msgs from deferred to HOLD?

  • Len Conrad
    Jun 24, 2012
      At 02:54 PM 6/24/2012, you wrote:
      >Viktor Dukhovni:
      >> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 07:35:53PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
      >>
      >> > Len Conrad:

      >> > # find /var/spool/postfix/deferred -type f | sed 's;.*/;;' | postsuper -H -
      >>
      >> Or more simply, as also pointed out by Ansgar Wiechers <lists@...>:
      >>
      >> # postsuper -h ALL deferred

      that's a good one! thanks

      We thought all the mailer-daemon msgs in out postfix.out instance HOLD queue were non-delivery msgs (which is why we thought we had to move them back to deferred inbound), but in fact they were 6-hour-delay-alert msgs. The original msgs were in inbound deferred. These msgs we movedto HOLD until we got the mailserver up.

      thanks
      Len
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic