286509Re: Make smtpd/Postscreen compatible with load balancers

  • Willy Tarreau
    Jun 17, 2012
      Hi Wietse,

      On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 08:25:12PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Non-production release postfix-2.10-20120617-nonprod has support
      > for up-stream proxy agents in postscreen(8) and smtpd(8).
      >
      > To enable, specify one of:
      >
      > postscreen_upstream_proxy_protocol = haproxy
      > smtpd_upstream_proxy_protocol = haproxy
      >
      > haproxy is not the only proxy agent that works with Postfix. Support
      > for nginx with proxied SASL authentication is available in Postfix
      > 2.9 smtpd(8). This uses the XCLIENT protocol.

      This is awesome work, it opens a wider interoperability between our
      components which are commonly placed close to each other in a number
      of infrastructures.

      I hope David (who originally asked for the feature) will quickly test
      and provide us with some feedback.

      I'll forward your mail to the haproxy mailing list, since I know there
      are a number of postfix users there too.

      Best regards,
      Willy
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic