285368[OT] Re: some postscreen(8) stats

  • Sahil Tandon
    Apr 22, 2012
      On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 11:24:26 -0400, Julien Vehent wrote:

      > On 2012-04-01 1:11, Sahil Tandon wrote:
      > >Before enabling DNSBL blocklists on one site, I was tasked with
      > >gathering some postscreen(8) statistics. I liked the information
      > >display in a previous thread[1], but did not require the geoIP and
      > >mapping features in Julien Vehent's script. So, I cobbled together a
      > >smaller log parser[2] to produce only the data I need; just sharing
      > >in case the information or script could be useful to others in the
      > >community.
      >
      > The default usage of Postscreen_stats gives you the same thing,
      > without the geoip/map information:

      Indeed, but it is slower[1] (15.91s vs. 9.80s as per time(1) on a recent
      maillog), and seemingly inaccurate, e.g.:

      % ./postscreen_stats.py maillog
      === unique clients/total postscreen actions ===
      [ .. ]
      16215/48869 DNSBL
      12778/35372 HANGUP
      [ .. ]

      % grep ': DNSBL' maillog | wc -l
      48872

      % grep ': HANGUP' maillog | wc -l
      35374

      If you have any follow up questions, we can take this off-list given the
      OT nature of the discussion.

      [1] This may seem insignifcant, but makes an appreciable difference when
      creating reports across several log files.

      --
      Sahil Tandon
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic