285353Re: some postscreen(8) stats

  • Julien Vehent
    Apr 21 8:24 AM
      On 2012-04-01 1:11, Sahil Tandon wrote:
      > Before enabling DNSBL blocklists on one site, I was tasked with
      > gathering some postscreen(8) statistics. I liked the information
      > display in a previous thread[1], but did not require the geoIP and
      > mapping features in Julien Vehent's script. So, I cobbled together a
      > smaller log parser[2] to produce only the data I need; just sharing in
      > case the information or script could be useful to others in the
      > community.

      The default usage of Postscreen_stats gives you the same thing, without the
      geoip/map information:

      $ ./postscreen_stats.py -f /var/log/mail.log

      === unique clients/total postscreen actions ===
      2131/11010 CONNECT
      1/1 BARE NEWLINE
      30/33 COMMAND COUNT LIMIT
      13/16 COMMAND PIPELINING
      6/6 COMMAND TIME LIMIT
      463/536 DNSBL
      305/503 HANGUP
      12/15 NON-SMTP COMMAND
      1884/2258 NOQUEUE 450 deep protocol test reconnection
      1/42 NOQUEUE too many connections
      1577/1600 PASS NEW
      866/8391 PASS OLD
      181/239 PREGREET
      5/84 WHITELISTED

      And for DNSBL only:

      $ ./postscreen_stats.py -f /var/log/mail.log -a "DNSBL"

      === unique clients/total postscreen actions ===
      463/567 CONNECT
      11/14 COMMAND COUNT LIMIT
      12/15 COMMAND PIPELINING
      463/536 DNSBL
      147/160 HANGUP
      11/14 NON-SMTP COMMAND
      308/362 NOQUEUE 450 deep protocol test reconnection
      17/17 PASS NEW
      3/4 PASS OLD
      161/170 PREGREET

      Cheers,