284895Re: smtpd_reject_footer: possible improvement

    Mar 29, 2012
      Ralf Hildebrandt:
      > * Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>:
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > i really love "smtpd_reject_footer" to put contact informations
      > > and a hint that SMTP auth is needed in the response
      > >
      > > would it not make sense to add the content of "smtpd_reject_footer"
      > > to the default-answer instead in a seperated line which can be
      > > easily achieved by put \n at the begin
      > >
      > > i noticed that some software out there seems to handle it
      > > wrong and display ONLY the reject footer at all or whatever
      > > is the last response line
      >
      > Indeed. I received several error messages that had the
      > smtpd_reject_footer reduced to what you observed.

      That is clear. However, smtpd_reject_footer is part of the stable
      release, so it cannot be changed.

      Hence, my request for suggestions how we would document this. Maybe
      we can use a name similar, but not identical, to "smtpd_reject_footer".