284136Re: relay emails not being received

    Mar 1, 2012
      On 3/1/2012 12:50 PM, Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick wrote:
      > Hoping to get some guidance for resolving a relay problem.
      > Trying to setup postfix so that incoming email is relayed to the
      > alias "test" listed in the /etc/aliases. Want all mail to be
      > relayed to other accounts/users, ie gmail, yahoo, $mydomain
      > postconf -n output below. hostname/domain: altman.bu.edu
      >
      > /etc/aliases --- ran newaliases several times
      > test: mfitzpat@..., mfitzpat11@...
      > The user, test, does exist on the system, just as an alias entry.
      >
      > If I send email from mfitzpat.bu.edu to test@... =
      > email is relayed/received at both x.bu.edu and x.gmail.com
      > If I send email from mfitzpat11.gmail.com to test@... =
      > email is only received at x.bu.edu account
      > Output from maillog says email is sent/relayed to gmail, but it is
      > never delivered... goes into a black hole... does not bounce back etc.

      Gmail suppresses duplicate messages. As far as I know that behavior
      isn't configurable.

      At any rate, postfix is properly delivering the mail, so no changes
      to postfix are necessary. If you want to pursue this further,
      you'll need to ask google where you mail went.