283366Re: Problem with rejecting mail to unknown users

  • Reindl Harald
    Feb 1, 2012
      Am 01.02.2012 11:09, schrieb Martin Kruse Jensen:
      > Hi.
      >
      > I'e got a problem I've been trying to solve for some time now, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm running
      > Postfix on FreeBSD with Maildrop delivery, SASL authentification and PostGreSQL backend. However I'm sending tons
      > of backscatter because Postfix dosn't reject mail for unknown local recipients
      >
      > I've tried setting local_recipient_maps and unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550 - Nothing seems to help
      > though... Anyone with some pointers as to where I should look for the error?
      >
      > # postconf -n
      > local_recipient_maps = proxy:pgsql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/local_recipient_maps

      debug your "local_recipient_maps"

      as long your configuration does not handle this correct
      "unknown_local_recipient_reject_code" is not part of the
      game because a) 550 is default and b) even if it would be
      any other status-code -> if you are rejecting then you
      would not be a backscatter because you will never accept
      the message
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic