281336Re: SASL forward problem

  • kapetr
    Nov 12, 2011
      Hello,

      I didn't thing, that my Postfix is the bad guy, but I have to say -
      if the client is
      Evolution (in SSL+SASL connection with the ISPs server), the
      messages goes out without problem.

      The problem is only if Postfix is the client ?!
      Why ?

      I have try yours "to modify executable" way.

      The "AUTH=<>" is in /usr/lib/postfix/smtp - I had edit it in "mc"
      and have replaced it with " " and left the "^@" (this is probably
      the NULL byte).

      But it just give an error in log:
      Nov 5 11:24:05 zly-hugo postfix/master[1418]: warning:
      /usr/lib/postfix/smtp: bad command startup -- throttling
      Nov 5 11:25:05 zly-hugo postfix/master[1418]: warning: process
      /usr/lib/postfix/smtp pid 2633 killed by signal 11

      Thank you

      --kapetr

      -------------------------
      >Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 15:41:04 -0400 (EDT)
      >From: Wietse Venema <wietse@...>
      >Subject: Re: SASL forward problem
      >
      >kapetr:
      >> 220 mailout1.t-email.cz ESMTP
      >> EHLO 251-43-13-46.tmcz.cz
      >> 250-mailout1.t-email.cz
      >> 250-PIPELINING
      >> 250-SIZE 15360000
      >> 250-VRFY
      >> 250-ETRN
      >> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
      >> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
      >> 250-8BITMIME
      >> 250 DSN
      >> AUTH LOGIN
      >> 334 xxxxxxxxxx
      >> yyyyyyy
      >> 334 xxxxxxxxxxxx
      >> yyyyyyy
      >> 235 2.7.0 Authentication successful
      >> MAIL FROM:<jiri.panek@...> SIZE=519 AUTH=<>
      >> 250 2.1.0 Ok
      >> RCPT TO:<jipan@...> ORCPT=rfc822;jipan@...
      >> 555 5.5.4 Unsupported option: AUTH=<>
      >
      >This SMTP server has an interesting way to report errors.
      >
      >> I thing, my Postfix should ignore the "555 5.5.4 Unsupported
      >> option:
      >
      >Postfix cannot ignore 555 after RCPT TO. And we already know that
      >the server would not accept the mail (in your earlier email it
      >replied with "554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients" to the DATA
      >command).
      >
      >> Or better do not send it at all - what is it at all?
      >
      >Postfix is not written by imitation. It is written by implementing
      >mail standards. The AUTH command and the AUTH= option are defined
      >in RFC 2554 which was written many years ago.
      >
      >Unfortunately, not sending AUTH= involves editing Postfix source
      >code or using a proxy that removes the AUTH= option. There is no
      >feature to filter the commands that Postfix sends, like there is
      >for the replies that Postfix receives.
      >
      >A third option is to edit the Postfix smtp executable file. Look
      >for the string " AUTH=<>" and replace the space with a null byte.
      >
      >As for editing source code, this is in src/smtp/smtp_proto.c.
      >Just delete the portion with:
      >
      >/*
      >* We authenticate the local MTA only, but not the sender.
      >*/
      >#ifdef USE_SASL_AUTH
      >if (var_smtp_sasl_enable
      >&& (session->features & SMTP_FEATURE_AUTH))
      >vstring_strcat(next_command, " AUTH=<>");
      >#endif
      >
      >> As you wrote: "If that is the case, then the server
      >> mis-implements SMTP command
      >> pipelining."
      >>
      >> Did you mean my server (my postfix) or ISPs server ?
      >
      >Your machine is the SMTP client. The ISP is the SMTP server.
      >
      >Wietse

      sezóně? Čtěte speciál Příprava auta na zimu na
      http://web.volny.cz/data/click.php?id=1292

      --
      Jak co nejlépe přichystat automobil na provoz v nadcházející zimní
      sezóně? Čtěte speciál Příprava auta na zimu na
      http://web.volny.cz/data/click.php?id=1292
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic