279623Re: Postdrop doesn't always stop when "postfix stop" is issued

  • Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Sep 1, 2011
      --On Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:03 PM -0400 Victor Duchovni
      <Victor.Duchovni@...> wrote:

      > So the question is what is it that is causing postdrop to loop while
      > trying to create the queue file?
      >
      > /*
      > * Create a file with a temporary name that does not collide. The
      > process * ID alone is not sufficiently unique: maildrops can be
      > shared via the * network. Not that I recommend using a network-based
      > queue, or having * multiple hosts write to the same queue, but we
      > should try to avoid * losing mail if we can.
      > *
      > * If someone is racing against us, try to win.
      > */
      > for (;;) {
      > GETTIMEOFDAY(tp);
      > vstring_sprintf(temp_path, "%s/%d.%d", queue_name,
      > (int) tp->tv_usec, pid);
      > if ((fd = open(STR(temp_path), O_RDWR | O_CREAT | O_EXCL, mode))
      > >= 0) break;
      > if (errno == EEXIST || errno == EISDIR)
      > continue;
      > msg_warn("%s: create file %s: %m", myname, STR(temp_path));
      > sleep(10);
      > }
      >
      > Are the "create file" warnings found in the system log?

      Yes:

      Mar 22 19:24:52 domain postfix/postdrop[3624]: warning: mail_queue_enter:
      create file maildrop/976917.3624: No such file or directory

      for example.

      However, what is odd about this is we have postfix explicitly use a queue
      directory that is always present (/opt/zimbra/data/postfix/spool/), so it
      shouldn't be encountering any errors creating a file. :/

      I was also wrong about the shutdown order -- We shutdown postfix first, and
      then the other services.

      --Quanah

      --

      Quanah Gibson-Mount