279094Re: Accepting email regardless of address

  • jeffrey j donovan
    Aug 2, 2011
      On Aug 2, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Jason Gauthier wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Due to a new business requirement, I need to make a change with postfix that I am not certain how to handle.
      > First, I use postfix as a relay only system. It does not do local delivery. Once it does it's tasks it passes the email to a backend email system.
      > On the frontend, postfix handles several domains, and will bounce unknown email by using relay_recipients:
      > relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients
      >
      > relay_recipients is populated from backend from legitimate email addresses. These makes the postfix system a nice 'bouncer' for unknowns :)
      >
      > Now, my requirements have changes. I have acquired a domain, we'll call it xyz.com. I don't host it, and never have. Therefore, I do not know what email addresses are valid. I would like to capture *any* email address sent to xyz.com and accept it, and deliver it somehow.
      >
      > I'm not sure how to accomplish this task yet, and looking for ideas. One inchoate idea I have, is translating all the email address to 'xyz.com' to an existing, valid, email address.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jason

      Greetings
      check out transport maps

      example

      transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/example_transport

      @... smtp:server1.example.com:25
      juser@... smtp:server2.example.com:25
      xuser@... smtp:server2.example.com:2525
      @... smtp:server1.example.com:25