277670Re: internal protocol error from sendmail for messages > message_size_limit

  • Paul B. Henson
    Jun 2 6:41 PM
      On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 05:41:55PM -0700, Wietse Venema wrote:

      > Well no-one told me it happens with "sendmail -t", so I did not
      > test for that option (or the bazillion other permutations of Postfix
      > options). Let this be a reminder that a problem report should
      > contain all the information that is necessary to reproduce the
      > condition.

      Well, I did include the test I was using in my original post:

      $ (printf "From: rootcsupomona.edu\nTo: hensoncsupomona.edu\nSubject: big email test\n\n"; yes test | head -c 10000000) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
      sendmail: fatal: henson(1005): internal protocol error

      But it was certainly easy to miss the details, sorry.

      Thanks much for the fix...

      --
      Paul B. Henson | (909) 979-6361 | http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
      Operating Systems and Network Analyst | henson@...