277656Re: Verifying relay recipients for upstream Exchange backend

  • Shawn Heisey
    Jun 2, 2011
      On 6/2/2011 4:46 AM, Ansgar Wiechers wrote:
      > I'm aware that this can be done in Perl. I just don't see any point in
      > using VBScript to extract the data, and then switching to Perl for
      > further processing.
      > I also don't see any point in using awk to transform the output of a
      > Perl script, BTW.

      I didn't write the VBScript, I found it on the Internet. When I
      upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, I had to find a whole new
      script, as the old one didn't work.

      The inital output leaves a lot to be desired from an automation
      standpoint, though I'm sure it's perfectly acceptable to your average
      Windows admin. Although VBScript is not completely opaque to me, I do
      not know it very well. The transformations required were very easy in
      Perl, which I do know. The sanity check and deployment on Linux was
      easiest in shell. If I were experienced in VBScript, I would have
      handled it without the intermediate step.

      I'm going to investigate Mr. Conrad's Perl/LDAP solution, which would be
      easy to customize and much less prone to breakage.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic