277649Re: HOw to retain the original email content when the email are bounced back

  • kshitij mali
    Jun 2, 2011
      hi

      >you'd better use unique IDs (or VERP) and keep copies of the messages
      >somewhere...
      will u please explain in detail the above configuration and what change need to do on postfix

      Regards,
      Kshitij

      On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM, mouss <mouss@...> wrote:
      Le 02/06/2011 06:42, kshitij mali a écrit :
      > Hi all ,
      >

      > we send the emails from the application server by making smtp session with
      > one of the postfix server
      > there’s a scenario when CRM server send out invalid email address to
      > postfix, we’re getting a bounced-back email saying that the email is not
      > delivered together with a trace-dump. But the original email content is
      > discarded.
      > Q> Is it possible to retain the original email content when the email are
      > bounced back ?

      you'd better use unique IDs (or VERP) and keep copies of the messages
      somewhere...

      but see
             http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_size_limit

      > IF yes then what configuration changes need to do on postfix ?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic