276946Re: RFE: Make instance name visible in ps output

    May 2, 2011
      On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 09:38:08PM +0200, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

      > * Victor Duchovni <postfix-users@...>:

      > > > I see, and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I was looking for something
      > > > simpler.
      > >
      > > Is this useful?
      >
      > Definitely! I ran it on a machine that has four instances of whom two weren't
      > running and it failed on the first one not running. Could it be the script
      > does not handle such situations?

      You of all people should be able to better explain what "failed" means...
      The script tests the master.pid lock, and only reports child processes
      when the master is running. What went wrong in your case? It is a simple
      enough "script" (pretty much a one-liner), likely you can improve it...