276907Mail transmission/re-injection question

  • Des Dougan
    Apr 30 2:26 PM
      Hi,

      I'm fairly new to postfix and have recently set up an instance on a site with a newly-allocated static IP address. Mail was generally flowing in and out after I configured the postfix and dovecot; however, some messages were not being sent, showing "Client host rejected: Access denied" messages in the logs.

      As I analyzed this, it seemed to be caused by the static IP not having a good reputation with some sites' RBL policies. I therefore set the system up to relay via the ISP's mail servers, which is working OK. That said, I'm still seeing sending attempts (in /var/log/maillog) by what appear to be previous messages that didn't go out. These are not going via the relay; neither, though, do they show in the mail queue (via "postqueue -p").

      Is there a way to re-inject these messages via the updated configuration so that they go out via the ISP as new messages are doing? I've done a fair bit of Googling but can't see how this might be achieved.

      Thanks,

      Des

      --

      Des Dougan
      Principal

      http://www.DouganConsulting.tel <-- Get all my contact information here.
      http://www.DouganConsulting.com

      Peace of Mind, One Computer at a Time.

      ---

      Imagine anyone on the planet being able to find and then contact you with a single click. YourName.tel is all you will give anyone ever again. Want in?

      http://registertel.tel/
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic