275963Re: Configuring TLS with sender login maps

  • Jeroen Geilman
    Apr 2, 2011
      On 04/02/2011 09:00 PM, Alex wrote:
      > I'm using the K9 client for Android. Using this method with TLS and
      > SASL I need port 25 open for SMTP and TLS, and 587 for submission and
      > SASL, correct?

      Um.. no.

      Submission can be done over port 25 or 587, and can use TLS or SASL, or
      both, or neither.

      YOU have configured postfix to only allow submission when the client
      first secures the connection with TLS, and only then authenticates via SASL.

      If this is not what you want, change the server's configuration.

      If this is what you want, fix the client's configuration.

      --
      J.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic