275955Re: Adjust smtp to limitations of a host

  • Ultrabug
    Apr 1, 2011
      On 01/04/2011 19:39, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Victor Duchovni:
      >>> Many tanks for your time and help
      >> You probably can't do much with my advice, when the receiving system
      >> is fubared, your options are limited.
      > You'll have to use a combination of
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > slow_destination_rate_delay=x (this forces concurrency == 1)
      > slow_destination_recipient_limit=y
      > /etc/postfix/master.cf:
      > slow unix - - n - - smtp
      > -o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no
      I see indeed, I shall try this out on monday at work.
      > that stays within the stated limits (which of course may not bear
      > any relationship to reality, but that is a different matter).
      > And these clowns will have to get used to abnormal email delays.
      > I hope this isn't my tax money at work.
      It's not an american public host thanksfully (but french host, maybe
      that's why) :)
      > Wietse
      Many thanks to you both for taking time to look on this matter. I'll
      keep this thread updated if/when I get this working better.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic