275949Re: Adjust smtp to limitations of a host

    Apr 1, 2011
      On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 01:39:41PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

      > Victor Duchovni:
      > > > Many tanks for your time and help
      > >
      > > You probably can't do much with my advice, when the receiving system
      > > is fubared, your options are limited.
      >
      > You'll have to use a combination of
      >
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > slow_destination_rate_delay=x (this forces concurrency == 1)
      > slow_destination_recipient_limit=y
      >
      > /etc/postfix/master.cf:
      > slow unix - - n - - smtp
      > -o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no
      >
      > that stays within the stated limits (which of course may not bear
      > any relationship to reality, but that is a different matter).
      >
      > And these clowns will have to get used to abnormal email delays.
      > I hope this isn't my tax money at work.

      Of course, if their policy is that they only accept a trickle of
      mail from sites that are not their important business partners,
      the correct place to make adjustments is in their white-list.

      If their systems support a whitelist, the OP should find a way to
      get whitelisted.