274793Re: virtual_alias_maps and X-Original-To

  • Charles Marcus
    Mar 1 11:50 AM
      On 2011-02-17 1:16 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
      > On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 05:03:04PM +0000, Adam Hamer wrote:
      >> "Postfix will not add X-Original-To when forwarding mail."

      > Yes, really when not using a delivery agent that is typically used
      > for outbound or relay email. In the case of lmtp(8) this should
      > perhaps be revisited at some point.

      Just to make sure I understand this correctly...

      Currently, using virtual for deliver, I'm getting these X-Original-To
      headers, which I have gotten very used to and rely on - but if/when we
      switch to dovecot+LMTP, we will lose them?

      If so, that is a show-stopper for me... also, what are the chances of
      this being 'revisited' at any point in the foreseeable future?

      Last - am I correct that we will *not* lose them if we just use the
      dovecot LDA as opposed to LMTP?

      Thanks,

      --

      Best regards,