274783Re: Virtual Alias Translation to User Mailbox Not Passed to Dovecot LDA

  • /dev/rob0
    Mar 1, 2011
      On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 02:44:25PM +0000, marc@... wrote:
      > On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 08:26:09 -0600, Noel Jones wrote:
      > >On 3/1/2011 8:15 AM, Marc L. Veary wrote:
      > >>I have nothing in gmail.
      > >>
      > >>Could someone let me know what further info is required?
      > >
      > >It's in the archives
      > >
      > >http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2011-03/0011.html
      >
      > Here is some more details on the config, etc.
      > The OS is Debian 5.x and postfix, dovecot are apt installs.

      You are still lacking useful (non-verbose) logs. That said, I think
      the problem is quite obvious:
      > receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

      More nitpicks:

      > postconf -n
      > ===========
      snip
      > local_recipient_maps = $virtual_alias_maps

      Wrong. Why did you do this?

      > local_transport = virtual

      Ugly. Why?

      > receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

      This should only be used in conjunction with content filtering, on
      either side of the filter. You don't have a content filter.

      > show_user_unknown_table_name = no

      Bad idea.

      You have numerous settings of defaults. Those should not be in your
      main.cf. You have numerous settings that I don't think you
      understood. Why? Leave things at default unless you know why you're
      changing it.

      I'd suggest scrapping the whole install and starting over with this
      guide:
      http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html

      Why do you need mysql at this point? Why do you need the dovecot
      transport? Learn to walk before you try to run.

      > master.cf
      > =========
      > smtp inet n - - - - smtpd -v

      Again. You do NOT need verbose logs. Do NOT use -v here.
      1. You won't be able to understand them
      2. Those who do understand them won't be willing to dig through
      all the noise.

      Remove the -v here.