272647Re: - email Header corrupted?

    Jan 3, 2011
      On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 12:26:18PM +0000, Ralf W. wrote:

      > I'm getting the indication that the Return-Path: <MAILER-DAEMON> could be the
      > problem. Can somebody explain to me if you every had some problem like this and
      > how to fix it.

      http://www.postfix.org/pipe.8.html

      flags=

      R Prepend a Return-Path: message header with
      the envelope sender address

      null_sender=replacement (default: MAILER-DAEMON)
      Replace the null sender address (typically used for
      delivery status notifications) with the specified
      text when expanding the $sender command-line macro,
      and when generating a From_ or Return-Path: message
      header.

      If the null sender replacement text is a non-empty
      string then it is affected by the q flag for
      address quoting in command-line arguments.

      The null sender replacement text may be empty; this
      form is recommended for content filters that feed
      mail back into Postfix. The empty sender address is
      not affected by the q flag for address quoting in
      command-line arguments.

      Caution: a null sender address is easily mis-parsed
      by naive software. For example, when the pipe(8)
      daemon executes a command such as:

      Wrong: command -f$sender -- $recipient

      the command will mis-parse the -f option value when
      the sender address is a null string. For correct
      parsing, specify $sender as an argument by itself:

      Right: command -f $sender -- $recipient

      This feature is available as of Postfix 2.3.