272605Re: Postfix and Postgrey Part II

  • jason hirsh
    Jan 1, 2011
      On Jan 1, 2011, at 12:59 AM, Victor Duchovni wrote:

      > On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 06:26:41PM -0400, jason hirsh wrote:
      >
      >>> Where is the rest of this log entry, it too is truncated... Where
      >>> are
      >>> the other instances of this same client/sender/recipient triple
      >>> being
      >>> rejected?
      >>
      >> Dec 31 00:03:02 tuna postfix/smtpd[8857]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
      >> snt0-omc1-s51.snt0.hotmail.com[65.54.61.88]: 450 4.2.0 <jason@...
      >> >:
      >> Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see
      >> http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/kasdivi.com.html;
      >> from=<captcurrent@...> to=<jason@...> proto=ESMTP
      >> helo=<snt0-omc1-s51.snt0.hotmail.com>
      >
      > This is better the client/sender triple appears constant for the
      > three log entries.
      >
      >> Dec 31 00:11:02 tuna postfix/smtpd[9013]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
      >> snt0-omc1-s51.snt0.hotmail.com[65.54.61.88]: 450 4.2.0 <jason@...
      >> >:
      >> Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see
      >> http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/kasdivi.com.html;
      >> from=<captcurrent@...> to=<jason@...> proto=ESMTP
      >> helo=<snt0-omc1-s51.snt0.hotmail.com>
      >
      > This re-transmission is likely too soon, what is your minimum retry
      > time
      > set to (in the postgrey configuration).

      The setting are the default from installation.. I haven't really
      figured out how to change them as I can not find any configuration
      other then the start up script

      While the hotmail account interval is extremely short (I believe
      default is 5 minutes) I had similar situations with virtually all
      incoming mail unless i manually white listed it

      >> Dec 31 00:15:02 tuna postfix/smtpd[9092]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
      >> snt0-omc1-s51.snt0.hotmail.com[65.54.61.88]: 450 4.2.0 <jason@...
      >> >:
      >> Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see
      >> http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/kasdivi.com.html;
      >> from=<captcurrent@...> to=<jason@...> proto=ESMTP
      >> helo=<snt0-omc1-s51.snt0.hotmail.com>
      >>
      >> and so forth until i turned off postgrey
      >
      > OK, Postfix is behaving normally, so the question is why Postgrey is
      > not,
      > indeed the Postgrey logs and configuration are likely the right place
      > to look next.

      only postgrey log entry is like this

      Dec 31 00:03:56 tuna postgrey[1250]: action=greylist, reason=new,
      client_name=qmta14.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net,
      client_address=76.96.59.212, sender=dbowman7266@..., recipient=jason@...

      for each incoming mail

      the configuration is however the freebsd port installed it

      > Viktor.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic