269628Re: rejecting clients greeting me with my own name

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Oct 4, 2010
      Jeroen Geilman put forth on 10/4/2010 2:10 PM:

      > The OP says in so many words that he sees connections WITH HIS IP: "who
      > apparently connect to the MX *with the IP*"
      >
      > This does not happen.

      Is this remotely plausible if he's behind a really funky NAT/masquerade?

      I've seen some junk quality NAT boxes present the inside private NAT
      address as the remote client host address after translation, but I've
      never seen one that presented the internal host's address to itself as
      the remote client address.

      --
      Stan
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic