269597Re: rejecting clients greeting me with my own name (was: static map returns 554, causing message to be accepted)

  • Jerry
    Oct 4, 2010
      On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:49:17 +0200
      martin f krafft <madduck@...> articulated:

      > also sprach Noel Jones <njones@...> [2010.10.04.0507
      > +0200]:
      > > Lots easier to just use
      > > /^myhostname(\.mydomain)?$/ REJECT don't use my hostname
      >
      > Thanks to everyone who responded. I am now going the suggested way.
      >
      > However, it occurs to me that this is something postfix could be
      > trivially doing itself, e.g.
      >
      > smtpd_helo_restrictions =
      > […]
      > reject_my_hostname
      > reject_my_ipaddress
      >
      > since it has those data available. Is this something worth pursuing?

      Interesting; however, if it were really that simple and safe, I think
      Wietse would have all ready implemented it.

      --
      Jerry ✌
      postfix-user@...