266785Re: dealing with Yahoo slowness

    Jun 21 6:12 PM
      Florin Andrei:
      > On 06/21/2010 12:42 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
      > > On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:21:45PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
      > >
      > >> yahoo_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 20
      > >> yahoo_destination_rate_delay = 1s
      > >>
      > >> I can't say I understand *why* the 1s rate delay makes the feedback and the
      > >> concurrency limit parameters irrelevant, so I guess it's time for me to dig
      > >> deeper into the documentation. :)
      > >
      > > With a rate limit, there is no dynamic concurrency tuning. The concurrency
      > > is always equal to 1 (or zero once the destination is throttled, after
      > > appropriately many consecutive failures).
      >
      > Would this analysis be influenced in any way if we take into account the
      > fact that we deliver exactly 1 message / user address? (no multiple
      > recipients at all)

      You are asking questions that are answered in the documentation.

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_destination_rate_delay

      Please read this text first. Pay particular attention to the
      _destination_recipient_limit discussion. Then come back if
      the text is not clear, and indicate *what* text is not clear.