266343Re: Timed out RCPT TO

  • Bastian Blank
    Jun 7, 2010
      On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:01:58AM -0400, Kaleb Hosie wrote:
      > I telnet'ed into the recipients server and started sending the series of
      > commands to send mail and it seemed very quick up until I sent RCPT TO; it
      > proceeded to hang there for 50 seconds before responding with a 250 SMTP
      > code. I was able to get the email to send by increasing the timeout period
      > to 60 seconds for "RCPT TO".

      The minimum timeout for RCPT is 5 minutes according to RFC 5321. This
      also matches the default postfix config. If you changed this value to
      smaller values, you are on your own.

      | $ /usr/sbin/postconf -d smtp_rcpt_timeout
      | smtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s

      Bastian

      --
      Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point. Men become insensitive.
      -- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7