266341RE: (updated main.cf file) Installing smtp auth did not help my spam issue Below is example

  • Josh Cason
    Jun 7, 2010
      Current Config file. Running since friday.
      Now I have had major problems posting maillog files that was either
      not enough info, too large, or not in -V format. The first post was
      not in -v format because if I leave my system in that. It messes up
      logwatch. Plus I still tried to follow a message through and
      information was still missing. Sigh. Is there something to submitting
      a proper "maillog" log file that is not to large. I tried grep and the
      message number. But everybody says still missing information on
      previouse tries.

      Thanks,

      josh

      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      allow_percent_hack = no
      biff = no
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      command_directory = /usr/sbin
      config_directory = /etc/postfix
      daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
      debug_peer_level = 2
      delay_warning_time = 4h
      disable_vrfy_command = yes
      html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.4.7-documentation/html
      inet_interfaces = localhost, 172.16.0.185
      invalid_hostname_reject_code = 554
      local_recipient_maps = $virtual_mailbox_maps
      local_transport = virtual
      mail_owner = postfix
      mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
      manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
      maximal_backoff_time = 8000s
      maximal_queue_lifetime = 7d
      message_size_limit = 25600000
      minimal_backoff_time = 1000s
      multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code = 554
      mynetworks = $config_directory/mynetworks
      non_fqdn_reject_code = 554
      notify_classes = resource,software
      proxy_interfaces = 24.117.29.115
      proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps
      $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps
      $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps
      $virtual_mailbox_domains
      $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains
      $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps
      $recipient_canonical_maps
      $relocated_maps $transport_maps
      $mynetworks $virtual_mailbox_limit_maps
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.4.7-documentation/readme
      recipient_delimiter =
      relay_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_relay_domains_maps.cf
      relay_domains_reject_code = 554
      relay_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_relay_recipient_maps.cf
      setgid_group = postdrop
      smtp_helo_timeout = 60s
      smtpd_client_restrictions =
      permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
      check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access, reject_unknown_client
      smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_multi_recipient_bounce, permit
      smtpd_delay_reject = yes
      smtpd_error_sleep_time = 20s
      smtpd_hard_error_limit = 12
      smtpd_helo_required = yes
      smtpd_helo_restrictions =
      permit_mynetworks, regexp:/etc/postfix/helo.regexp, permit
      smtpd_junk_command_limit = 2
      smtpd_recipient_limit = 30
      permit_sasl_authenticated, check_client_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/access, reject_unauth_destination,
      reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_invalid_hostname, reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      reject_unauth_pipelining, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
      reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org, reject_rbl_client
      dsn.rfc-ignorant.org, reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
      reject_rbl_client dnsbl.sorbs.net, reject_rbl_client
      ix.dnsbl.manitu.net
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
      smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_sender_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unauth_pipelining, permit
      smtpd_soft_error_limit = 3
      strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes
      swap_bangpath = no
      unknown_address_reject_code = 554
      unknown_client_reject_code = 554
      unknown_hostname_reject_code = 554
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
      unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code = 554
      unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 554
      unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code = 554
      unverified_recipient_reject_code = 554
      unverified_sender_reject_code = 554
      virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
      virtual_create_maildirsize = yes
      virtual_gid_maps = static:12
      virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
      virtual_mailbox_domains =
      proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit = 25600000
      virtual_mailbox_limit_maps =
      proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit_override = yes
      virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
      virtual_maildir_limit_message = Sorry, the user's maildir has
      overdrawn his diskspace quota,
      virtual_minimum_uid = 150
      virtual_uid_maps = static:150

      dangerous content by Mychoice, and is