265245same mailboxname in both virtual alias maps && virtual mailbox maps to create a forward ?

  • Gerrit
    May 3 12:13 AM
      Hi All,

      I have searched many hours on google trying to find if an virtual alias
      is possible in combination with a virtual mailbox with te same name.

      The setup we have is a complete complete virtual based one with
      mailboxes stored in mysql

      virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
      virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
      virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-autoreply.cf
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf
      hash:/etc/postfix/virtual-special
      regexp:/etc/postfix/reserved-addresses
      virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
      virtual_destination_concurrency_limit =
      $default_destination_concurrency_limit
      virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
      virtual_gid_maps = static:1002
      virtual_mailbox_base = /
      virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/mailbox-domains
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
      virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl
      virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mailbox.cf
      virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
      virtual_transport = virtual
      virtual_uid_maps = static:1002

      Now i have already this working situation :
      When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
      destination@..., it is aliased to
      seconddestination@... and somebox@yahoomail.
      In my mysql table i then have two entries destination@... ->
      seconddestination@... and destination@... ->
      somebox@yahoomail.
      This would make destination@... a pure virt. alias and
      seconddestination@... a pure virtual mailbox.

      My wish is this :
      When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
      wish@..., i also want a copy to somebox@....
      How do i have to setup this ?
      @ first i would think of this : In my virtual mailbox maps i put
      wish@... and in my virtual alias maps i put 2 entries :
      wish@... -> wish@... and wish@... ->
      somebox@....

      But in this example, the mail never arrives in the wish@...
      virtual mailbox.
      Is it because the same name is present in both virtual alias maps and
      virtual mailbox maps ?

      Kind regards

      Gerrit.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic