263233Maildir ownership/permission flags

  • Jack Knowlton
    Mar 1, 2010
      Hi all,

      I have a Postfix virtual users setup based on mysql tables. Messages are
      stored in Maildir format. Maildirs are owned by "vmail:vmail" .
      I want another user to be able to read those Maildir files so I added him
      to the "vmail" group.
      Unfortunately Postfix seems to create the directory structure with
      permissions 700 when I actually need 740 (group readable)

      dsrv:~# ls -alh /var/mail/virtual/domain.com/
      drwx--S--- 5 vmail vmail 120 2010-03-02 07:52 kvf2igxx

      Thanks.
      -JK